Postbank is primarily engaged in the mobilization of savings for national development. The bank is wholly owned by the Government of Kenya and reports to the Ministry of Finance.
The bank offers agency banking services through its chain of agents located in different parts of the country. The agents bring services closer to customers, making it convenient to access cash anywhere and anytime.
Services Offered by Postbank Agents
- Cash deposits.
- Cash withdrawals.
- Mini statements.
- Balance enquiry.
- Salary payment.
- School fees payment.
- Pension payment.
- Payment of utility bills such as; Kenya Power Easy Pay and selected water bill payments such as Kilifi & Malindi water services, Kiambu water services, Karuri water services, Kikuyu water services and Limuru water services.
Requirements to be a Postbank Agent in Kenya
1. A running business in existence for a minimum of 6 months.
2. Business premise which should be permanent or semi-permanent.
3. Business space which should be above 150 square feet.
4. The business premise should be accessible by road and at the Central Business District (CBD) of a town/ centre.
5. For a company, the following business registration documents are also to be provided;
- Copies of memorandum and articles of association.
- Certified copies of VAT and PIN certificate.
- Profile of the current company/ business.
- Certificate of registration/ incorporation.
- Certified copies of monthly bank statements.
- Copies of IDs and passport size photos of directors.
6. For individual business, the following documents are required;
- Copy of ID.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Business permit.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- KRA PIN.
Phone: +254 20 2803248